Translate

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Take It Easy


Feb 04   '12
Take It Easy



So yesterday I had a very long and frustrating day!! So glad that it's over. Among the many things that went wrong yesterday I wrote a post about my "bad day" and how hectic and or stressful my life is at times. It was quite a large post. I put it together with my pictures. As I was reading it over and checking my spelling I guess I pressed some button or something... I don't even know what the heck happened, but somehow my post disappeared. Everything got deleted somehow!! I was like "ok this is it I am over you Sunday, GO AWAY!" lol. Needless to say I did not retype the post... I decided instead of a negative whinny one I should post something positive! Like encouraging people not to stress out...
Reason number one it is bad for your health! Seriously! Stress can cause frequent insomnia, headaches. Or some serious diseases such as high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, or obesity. Yeah... Not so good. And we always think, no biggie... It wont affect me... But you just never know! Here are my coping skills with stress if you will.


1. If I feel a overwhelmed/upset I go to the gym, (If i have time to go to the gym that day lol) get up on the treadmill and run until I get tired. Which is usually 2 miles.


2. A cup of tea and twenty minutes of just "ME TIME".  "Me time" is your time to do anything you wish that you know for sure will relax your mind. Be it starring out the window, watching the snow fall, or just read a few chapters of some encouraging read. (Bible is a good one; Psalms :)


3. Taking a walk. Works for me every time! Just to get out of the house see the nature and reflect. Or think of absolutely nothing at all!


4. Being that I absolutely love nature and especially painting it... Painting/drawing. Wish I would find more time, and do it more than just once/twice a year...

5. Listening to my fave music winding down play list  (Norah Jones, Jack Johnson, also Christian and Classical music)


What are your stress coping strategies? What are the things that get you in a better mood? I'd love to know! Happy Monday everyone! Well it's almost Monday... Few hours C'mon!



                                                                              
                                                    For coffee lovers, Enjoy Your Coffee!





For tea lovers Enjoy Your Tea!
 
 
 
 
 
And for me... I guess I'm gonna have to enjoy this cold snowy February...Can't wait for spring!!!
 
 

8 comments:

  1. My dear, don't stress... :) Everything is going to be OK in the end...

    happymedley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I will try not too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My stress reliever is going shopping. Or watching funny tv shows!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds good!!! I loveeee shopping!
    Thanks Yi-chia :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for following!!! I thought i already am! let me check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a tea addict, not black tea, but green tea, olive tea, dandelion tea.. etc etc...I don't drink coffee :D
    My stress coping strategies are, walking or running to the beach, and drink a lot of rosemary tea. It gives a relaxing and calming effect, and a clearer head when doing bookwork, studying, or anything that needs a great deal of concentration. In one word, it gives a good mood ;D

    x♥x♥

    "Saúde & Beleza - Health & Beauty"





    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh I am definetly going to have to go to the "Healthy" store and look for Rosemary tea! Thank you so much for sharing Maria! I love your comments they are always so sweet!! Hope you enjoy your day!
    <3<3

    ReplyDelete